These sausage and veggie egg cups make a great quick breakfast that can be enjoyed anywhere. Packed with wholesome real food ingredients- these egg cups are gluten-free, dairy-free, Whole 30 compliant and paleo.
In a breakfast rut? Not a morning person? Looking for a breakfast option that isn’t bland or boring? Insert these Sausage and Veggie Egg Cups.
These egg cups were inspired by my Southwestern Frittata. Have you tried it yet?
I love all things southwestern- the colors, the clothes, the weather and yes, the food. I strive to create easy, fun and flavorful recipes and I do believe this one is no exception. It is packed with ingredients that will fill you up in the morning and not give you those 10 am cravings.
The southwestern spices take these egg cups up a notch from your plain old egg cups. They make a great meal prep option for the week ahead.
Ingredients to make Sausage and Veggie Egg Cups
- Ground Breakfast Pork Sausage
- Green Pepper
- Red Pepper
- Russet Potatoes
- Chili Powder
- Black Pepper
How to Make
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray the muffin tin with an avocado spray or use silicone cups.
Prep the peppers and onions and set aside. Peel the potatoes and using either an upright box cheese grater, grate the potatoes. If you want to save a little bit of time, you can place them in the food processor. After grating or processing, set aside.
In a skillet on medium heat, lightly brown the sausage and sprinkle in the chili powder.
In a large glass bowl, crack 10 eggs, sprinkle in black pepper and whisk together.
Combine all ingredients into the large bowl with the eggs and stir together.
Pour into individual muffin tin cups and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Are they dairy-free?
Yes, these egg cups are dairy-free. Even without any type of milk the egg cups are still fluffy and do not dry out.
What we love about this recipe
- Meal Prep– these egg cups are such a great option for those busy early mornings. Whip up a batch on Sunday to have for the week ahead.
- No mess– a perfect grab and go option that can easily be taken to work or school. They are also great to carry along for a road trip. There is no mess like the kind you might encounter with a breakfast burrito or cereal.
- Healthy– Packed with ample vegetables and protein- these wholesome ingredients along with the spices make an excellent healthy meal choice or snack option.
- Potatoes– any type of potato can be used yukon gold, russet or sweet potatoes.
- Vegetables– these cups are so easily versatile that you can swap out any of the vegetables for ones you might prefer better such as kale, spinach, zucchini, squash etc.
- Dairy– not concerned about being dairy-free, add some shredded cheese to the mix and bake.
Re-heating + Storing Tips
Storing– Place in an airtight sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freezing– Place in a freezer safe bag or glass container sealed for up to 3 months.
Re-heating– Take out of freezer and unthaw in refrigerator overnight. Place in oven on 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes or until warm.
Other easy breakfast options you might enjoy:Print
These sausage and veggie egg muffins make a great quick breakfast that can be enjoyed anywhere. Packed with wholesome real food ingredients- these egg cups are gluten-free, dairy-free, Whole 30 compliant and paleo.
- 10 eggs
- 1 lb ground breakfast pork sausage
- 5–6 small potatoes
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prep muffin tin by spraying with oil or use silicone baking cups.
- Chop peppers and onions into 1 inch pieces, set aside.
- Peel potatoes and using a cheese grater, grate the potatoes. You can also place them in a food processor and process, set aside.
- In a skillet on medium heat, brown sausage and sprinkle in the chili powder. Remove from heat.
- In a large glass bowl, crack 10 eggs, sprinkle with black pepper then whisk together.
- Combine all ingredients together and stir together.
- Pour into the individual muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: egg muffins, easy meal prep, gluten free, dairy free, sausage and veggie egg muffins, paleo, whole30