These bacon, egg and cheese muffins are an easy meal prep option to have in your breakfast rotation. The whole family will love!
This recipe came about from a childhood favorite of mine. As a little girl, I absolutely loved Hardee’s Bacon, Egg and Cheese biscuits. These were a weekend treat during my youth. I wanted to recreate this recipe but also making it a meal prep option. Hence, leaving off the bread. Either way, I know this version will still be healthier than the restaurants plus easy on the go.
Ingredients to make
- Cheese of choice
- Milk of choice
How to make bacon, egg and cheese muffins
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Then, get the bacon started. You can fry in a pan or bake in the oven. I have a great recipe here for baking the best oven bacon. By baking in the oven, make sure to take out when the bacon is slightly cooked but not all the way since it will be going back in the oven. Next, crack eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk. Pour in milk and cheese. Sprinkle in salt and pepper. After bacon is cooked, break off pieces into mixture and stir to combine. Pour into muffin tins and bake in oven.
How to keep sticking from the pan
I don’t want to leave this out of the blog post because it is such an important piece to assure your muffins will come out nicely. Please use either paper baking cups or silicone baking cups to line your muffin tin. This will assure that nothing sticks and the muffins will come out easily. For picture purposes, I didn’t and just used the non-stick spray. It was horrible trying to get the cups out. The mixture had completely stuck to the bottom.
Can I make these dairy-free?
Yes, you can sub out the cheese for a dairy-free cheese of choice. The same goes with the milk. I actually prefer using almond milk with this recipe but you can use any type of milk.
Can these muffins be frozen?
Yes, and that is why they are such a great weekly meal prep option. For storing, you want to put them in an airtight freezer bag. They will be good up to 3 months. For reheating, take out the night before and place in refrigerator. In the morning, pop in the microwave or toaster oven to heat up.Print
A great meal prep option the whole family will thank you for during the week.
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 package of bacon
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese (of choice)
- 1/2 cup milk (of choice)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your muffin tin with baking cups.
- Bake bacon in the oven. See recipe in notes. Or fry on stovetop, then set aside.
- Beat eggs together in large mixing bowl.
- Combine with the beaten eggs- milk, cheese, pepper and salt.
- Cut bacon up into small pieces (about 1/2 squares) then add to mixture.
- Pour mixture into baking cups leaving about 1/2 inch space at the top of each cup
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Let cool then pop out of cups and enjoy!
- Here is a great recipe for baking bacon in the oven here.
- If making dairy free, just sub out for dairy free cheese and non-dairy milk of choice.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: egg muffins, gluten free, bacon, egg and cheese muffins, easy meal prep