Who doesn’t love bacon? Want an easier way to do it? By baking it in the oven, it turns out perfectly even and tastes scrumptious. This post will share a how to guide on making the best oven baked bacon.
Have you ever baked bacon in the oven? If you haven’t then you are in for a treat. Growing up, I fried it in the pan and had to deal with grease splattering out on me or around the stove. The other way was warming it up on a tray in the microwave. However, both methods limit the quantity that can cook at one time and equally are messy. I discovered this method a few years back and have never looked back on my old ways. I love the simplicity of baking bacon in the oven. Plus, I think it taste way better!
REASONS FOR BAKING BACON
- You can cook more in one setting. Instead of standing at the stove only cooking a few pieces at a time you can pop the whole batch into the oven.
- Cooks evenly all over. When cooking in the oven, the bacon is getting the heat from the whole oven not just the bottom of a skillet when on the stove creating more evenly cooked pieces.
- It is a timesaver. You just pop the cookie sheet in the oven and go back to multitasking in the kitchen. No need to babysit or turn pieces.
- Minimal clean up. No messy projectile grease splatter on yourself or stove. Just the cookie sheet to wash off.
INSTRUCTIONS ON MAKING THE BEST OVEN BAKED BACON
- Prep cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat of choice.
- Place bacon strips on sheet.
- Place in cold oven that is not preheated.
- Set temperature to 400 degrees.
- Let bacon cook for 18-20 minutes.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST OVEN BAKED BACON
- DO NOT preheat the oven. The bacon should go into a cold oven.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes for lightly crisp bacon. If you want it extra crispy, leave in for 23-25 minutes.
- If bacon is thin, cook for 15-17 minutes. If bacon is extra thick, cook for up to 25 minutes or desired crispiness.
- Sprinkle black pepper on bacon. I love the flavors of seasoned bacon.
- Remove bacon off of sheet immediately to let cool and so that grease doesn’t solidify.
- Remove bacon grease and use in other dishes as flavoring.
STORAGE OF OVEN BAKED BACON
Bacon stores great in the refrigerator in an airtight sealed container for up to 3-4 days. If it smells funny or loses color, throw it out. Did you know you can also freeze bacon? Just make sure it’s safety sealed in an airtight container and it can be good up to 3 months.Print
Looking to simplify your life. Try baking bacon in the oven. This method will not only save you time but no over burnt bacon or curly ended pieces. Nice evenly crisp pieces that will have you craving more…..BACON!!!!
- 1 package of bacon
- Prep cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- Place bacon evenly on sheet and into the cold oven.
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until as crispy as you like.
- Take out of oven and remove for sheet to cool.
- See recipe for tips of making it the best oven baked bacon!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American