These baked buffalo wings are easy to make, minimal ingredients and taste delicious. They are Paleo and Whole 30 pairing well with Whole 30 compliant ranch dressing.
My love of buffalo wings began back in high school. Every Friday night after my boyfriend got out of work we would go to Hooter’s and devour buffalo wings. Fast forward to today- gone is the boyfriend and trips to Hooter’s as a mother of small children but not my love of buffalo wings. I was looking for a better swap out on sauce since Hooter’s sauce doesn’t have the cleanest ingredients. I found the perfect swap with The New Primal Medium Buffalo Sauce. The ingredient list is way cleaner and better since it is Whole 30 approved. This sauce is thick and extra saucy giving the wings that rich buffalo flavor.
How do you cook wings in the oven?
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Take a cookie sheet and place a baking rack on it. Place the wings on a baking rack. Pat dry any excess juice from the wings. Make sure the wings are placed in an even layer therefore, the heat distributes evenly. By using a rack, this allows the fat drippings to fall off and creates less of a mess to clean up.
How long does it take to bake wings?
Chicken wings take about 40 minutes total to cook give or take the individual oven. You will flip them at 20 minutes or half way through to allow them to crisp up. Flipping them allows the fat to render out making them crispy.
How to get them saucy
I am a fan of saucy buffalo wings more so than crispy. The secret to getting them saucy is going to be to bake them then marinate them in the sauce. This will allow the sauce to coat and soak into the wings. After cooking the wings, I place them in a bowl with the sauce coating them all over and let them sit for 10 minutes. This guarantees the wings will be extra juicy and saucy.
How to Serve Buffalo Wings
These wings make great game day appetizers, party favorites for any celebration, easy dinner option and are even great for an at home date night. They can be served with raw veggies, make a great addition on top of a salad or dipped in your favorite dressing.Print
Whole 30 Buffalo Wings
- Total Time: 55 min
- Yield: 3 1x
These Whole 30 buffalo wings are coated in extra thick buffalo sauce to make your mouth water and your taste buds excite.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup The New Primal Medium Buffalo Sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp onion powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Take a cookie sheet and place a baking rack on it
- Place wings evenly on baking rack and with a paper towel blot any excess juice
- Sprinkle garlic and onion powder over the wings
- Place in oven for 20 minutes, then take out and flip sprinkling the garlic and onion powder on the other side
- Slide back into the oven and bake for another 20 minutes
- Take wings out and let them cool down for 5 minutes
- Place wings in bowl and pour sauce over them making sure to fully coat each wing
- Let wings sit for 5 minutes in sauce before serving
Each oven is individual in heat temperature so you may need to adjust the time a little more, if warranted for crispiness.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Appetizer, snack, buffalo sauce, wings, chicken, buffalo
Leave a Reply