This watermelon mint slushie is only 3 ingredients and can be blended up fast. A perfect beverage to cool you off on a hot summer day.
Summertime means watermelon time for me. I love watermelon and personally, who doesn’t? This easy peasy drink is sure to hit the spot on those hot summer days. My kids have already taste tested it and love it. All you need is a few pieces of watermelon, a little bit of honey and ice blended together. You can top with fresh mint leaves that will make you go ahhhh…..after your first sip. A perfect summertime treat!
Benefits of mint
You might be thinking you can just make the slushie and leave out the mint. I would encourage you not to do that. Mint is a powerful antinflammatory and antiviral that has so many benefits. Here are a few:
- Helps aid and soothe digestion
- Helps alleviate headaches
- Helps alleviate allergies
- Helps freshen breath
So, see don’t leave out those mint leaves. They are not only a great addition to the watermelon slushie but they have so many positive benefits for your health. Cheers!Print
The perfect summertime drink to cool you off after a hot day outside.
- 3–4 c diced seedless watermelon
- 1 c ice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2–4 mint leaves
- Cut and dice up watermelon.
- Combine diced watermelon, ice and honey in blender.
- Pulse until combined.
- Pour into cup and add mint leaves.
- You can substitute maple syrup for honey.
- You can turn this from a mocktail to cocktail by adding any alcohol of choice.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: watermelon mint slushie, beverages, mocktails, drinks, summertime