Craving a nice warm soup on a cold winters day? This creamy fire-roasted tomato chicken soup with avocado is the best and sure to hit the spot! (DF + GF)
- 2 cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 can- 14oz coconut milk
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 avocado
- Prep shredded chicken in advance. See notes.
- In a saucepan on medium-high heat, pour in cans of fire-roasted tomatoes. Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour coconut milk in and let simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off heat and using an immersion blender, blend the mixture together until tomato chunks are dissolved.
- Pour into a bowl and top with shredded chicken and avocado.
- Use a rotisserie chicken, canned chicken or whole chicken parted and pieced up.
- Coconut milk from a can works best but you can also use from a refrigerated bottle.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: soups, creamy tomato, fire-roasted tomato, chicken soup, paleo, dairy-free, gluten-free