A gluten free, dairy free and nut free version of a favorite classic holiday treat!
- Heat treat gluten-free flour by either microwaving for 1-1.5 minutes using an instant read thermometer or placing in oven on baking sheet at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients into mixing bowl then place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Form into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place back into the refrigerator for 30 minutes or freezer for 15 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the chocolate chips and ghee whisking together until melted.
- Using a toothpick, dip the balls into the chocolate covering the entire ball except the very top.
- Place back on baking sheet and refrigerate minimum 45 minutes or 30 minutes in the freezer.
- See recipe and blog for in depth instructions on heat treating the flour.
- I use dark chocolate chips for this recipe and Enjoy Life is my favorite brand to use. The gluten free flour I use is Bob Red Mills 1 for 1 Gluten Free baking flour.
- Sit out to unthaw for 15 mintues. Do not heat in oven or microwave.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop/Oven/Refrigerator
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: buckeye balls, sunflower butter buckeye balls, nut free, allergen friendly, gluten free, dairy free