This protein rich slow cooker bean and bacon soup is loaded with bacon, vegetables, packed with flavor and so easy to make. It is the perfect comfort food on a cold winter day.
- 1/2 lb bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 (15.5oz) cans northern beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium heat in a skillet, cook the bacon until done. Transfer to paper napkin and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker including the bacon.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Double or triple recipe to have leftovers all week.
- Can sub out bacon for ham.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker bean soup with bacon, bean and bacon soup