Simple, homemade Pico de gallo will add spice and zest to your favorite dishes. A fresh, fast, easy delicious topping.
- 6 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 4 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 pinch of salt to taste
- Dice and minced up your raw ingredients
- Combine raw ingredients together in mixing bowl
- Juice lime over mixture
- Add pinch of salt to taste
- Let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving
- The best tomatoes to use are romas because they are less watery.
- I like to add a jalapeno pepper but you can leave it out if you don’t want it too spicy.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Handmade
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: pico de gallo, fresh salsa, salsa fresca, topping, side dish, mexican, appetizer, sauce, gluten free, vegetarian