This easy, simple homemade guacamole recipe is sure to be a party favorite. Great for dipping chips, veggies and topping tacos, chicken and salads.
- 6 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 c tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 c red onions, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 tsp salt
- Finely chop the garlic and cilantro. De-seed and chop the jalapeno
- Dice the tomatoes and red onions
- Cut avocados in half, remove pit and skin then transfer to bowl
- Mash avocados up to liking
- Combine with the mashed avocados the tomatoes, red onions, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro and salt
- Stir together until all mixed up
- Top with lime juice and serve!
- If you don’t want too spicy, leave out the jalapeno.
- Sprinkle some extra cilantro on top for added flavor and presentation.
- Enjoy with eggs, tacos, chicken, steak, chips, burgers etc.
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Countertop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: guacamole, mexican dish, side dish, appetizer, gluten free, vegetarian