Apple Butter Parfaits are the perfect no bake dessert for two. They come together so easy with just three simple ingredients. This sweet treat will leave that sweet tooth satisfied.
As a little girl, I remember the McDonald’s parfaits. This one is definitely not one of those. So much healthier without any fillers or additives. This one is made with greek yogurt, crunchy granola and yummy apple butter. The apple butter can be homemade or store bought. It is a layered dessert so very easy to assemble and comes together in minutes. It is perfect as a single treat or shared between two. My husband and I love to share one when we have at at home date night.
How to make
First, I find it easiest to measure out each ingredient. This way when you assemble you can take a little bit from each to layer. Second, start the layering process. I like to begin with the apple butter then add the yogurt on top and sprinkle a layer of granola before adding more apple butter. Lastly, just have fun with it. You don’t have to go in this exact order. It is just what I prefer and think taste the best!
Tips for making the best apple butter parfaits
- Try to get the layers as even as possible so that they all 3 blend well together.
- Greek yogurt is the best to use since it is usually a firmer yogurt. It is also not as sweet so compliments the apple butter well. If you don’t have greek yogurt, you can use any kind just note it might be more runny and have a sweeter taste.
- Granola can be whatever brand you choose. I like Purely Elizabeth’s Granola.
- If buying store bought apple butter, check the labels for any added fillers. A good apple butter will be just apples and apple juice concentrate. Eden Foods is my preferred apple butter.
Can I serve immediately?
Of course, they taste wonderful freshly made.
Can I make ahead?
Yes, in fact I’ve made them ahead before and stored them in the refrigerator overnight. The granola pulls the moisture from the yogurt and apple butter so they blend very well together.
Check out these other no bake dessert recipes:
- No Bake Pumpkin Spice Honey Bites
- Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Gluten Free No Bake Cake Pops
- Chocolate Blueberry Protein Pudding Pops
These no bake apple butter parfaits make the perfect dessert for two and come together in minutes.
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1/2 cup granola
- Measure out your ingredients.
- Start layering ingredients- apple butter, greek yogurt then granola.
- Continue layering until you reach the top of cup or desired.
- See blog post on recipe tips for making it the best no bake apple butter parfaits.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Assembly
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple butter parfait, no bake desserts, gluten free, thanksgiving, sweet treat