This simply made homemade lavender honey syrup is great to add to some of your favorite beverages- water, lemonade, mocktails or to sweeten tea.
- 1 c water
- 1 c honey
- 1/2 c coconut sugar
- 1/2 c lavender buds
- Bring water and lavender to boil
- Turn down the heat and stir in the honey and sugar until the sugar is dissolved
- Let simmer for 20 minutes
- Remove off heat and let steep for 1 hour
- Using a cheese cloth or fine strainer, strain the lavender buds out
- Pour into bottle or container and keep refrigerated until use
- This recipe makes 8 oz or 1 cup worth of syrup. I typically add 1 oz to my beverages.
- You can make this recipe not using honey and using just 1 cup of coconut, palm or raw sugar.
- The best lavender buds to use are ones that have not opened or flowered if using fresh from the garden, if not using dried is perfectly fine.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lavender, culinary herbs, lavender honey syrup, drinks,