Struggling to get the perfect hard boiled egg? This step by step tutorial will show you how to get that perfect hard boiled egg just in time for spring.
- 1 dozen eggs
- In a large saucepan, place eggs on the bottom. Make sure to leave enough space so that they don’t knock into each other.
- Fill the pan with cold water covering the top of the eggs.
- Place saucepan on stove and bring water to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, cover with lid and remove off the heat. Set a timer for 10 minutes leaving the lid on the saucepan.
- Fill a bowl with ice and water.
- When timer goes off, remove the eggs individually using tongs. Place each egg into the ice bath for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove from the water and ice.
- Tap the egg gently against the counter and start peeling.
- See blog post for tips and tricks to getting the perfect hard boiled eggs.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: perfect hard boiled eggs, hard boiled eggs