Learn how to make the best chimichurri sauce in this easy, simple step by step tutorial. A wonderful topping to grilled meats, and veggies.
What is chimichurri sauce?
Chimichurri is a South American sauce using a variety of herbs. It is blended together to make a very flavorful condiment. Chimichurri is typically added to a variety of meats. Steak is the most well know one but it is perfect over grilled chicken, fish or pork chops. It is also great over vegetables, makes a great dip for fries and can be a yummy salad dressing. It’s a must have for summertime grilling.
How to make chimichurri
Step 1: Combine in a food processor the herbs, onion, garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, lime and lemon juice.
Step 2: Pulse until fully combined.
Step 3: Pour the olive oil in slowly as you pulse on low.
Step 4: Remove from the food processor. Pour over your favorite meats, vegetables or use as a dip.
How to store chimichurri
Chimichurri sauce can be stored in an airtight sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. For long term storage, you can freeze in an ice cube tray to unthaw and take out to use in smaller quantities. I also freeze bigger batches in mason jars. They keep for up to 3 months.Print
This easy, simple step by step tutorial will teach you how to make the best chimichurri sauce. Great over top grilled meats, vegetables or salads.
- 1 c parsley (1 bunch is usually enough)
- 1 c cilantro (1 bunch is usually enough)
- 3/4 c olive oil
- 1/2 c red onion
- 3–4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Combine in a food processor the parsley, cilantro, red onion, garlic, vinegar, lemon/lime juices, salt and pepper.
- Pulse until fully combined.
- Pour the olive oil in as you pulse on low again.
- Remove from food processor and enjoy over your favorite dishes.
- It is important to combine and pulse all ingredients first then add the olive oil in slowly. This way the mixture combines well.
- Make ahead of time (1-2 days) to serve cool over top warm meats.
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: South American
Keywords: chimichurri sauce, whole 30, how to make the best chimichurri sauce, easy chimichurri sauce,