With just 5 simple, easy ingredients you can make your own cost efficient, clean homemade mayo in under 5 minutes. In this step by step post, I will show you just how easy it is.
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice or 1/2 juice from a lemon
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- Gather ingredients. Place avocado oil in a wide mouth mason jar.
- Add garlic cloves, mustard powder, lemon juice and one large egg.
- With an immersion blender, place it at the bottom of the jar. Turn on and slowly move up. The mixture will begin to emulsify and blend together.
- Remove immersion blender out of jar and let mayo sit on counter for up to 1 hour.
- Refrigerate after 1 hour in a sealed jar or container.
- See mayo tips and tricks for the best homemade mayo.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade mayo, easy homemade mayo, 5 minute mayo