In this blog post, you’ll learn how to make creamy cashew butter at home. This easy to make pantry staple is gluten-free, paleo, Whole 30 and vegan friendly.
Cashew butter is the BEST type of nut butter (in my opinion)! It is great to dip apples, celery and pretzels in. It is also a great protein for shakes and smoothies. These are just a few of my favorites that I enjoy. The rich flavor of the cashews and creaminess is why I love it so much. I can eat half a jar if I don’t watch out!
So, I thought making my own at home would be more cost effective and great to always have some on hand. Also, it is so much healthier without the preservatives and additives alot of commercial brands have in them.
Lastly, the variations that you can create at home are so fun and absolutely delicious!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Coconut oil
How to Make
- Roast the cashews
- In a food processor, process all ingredients
- Blend together until smooth and creamy
How to Roast Cashews
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a cookie sheet, place cashews on lined parchment paper in a single layer. Make sure to not place them on top of one another.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes. Check on them every 5 minutes to make sure they are not scorched or burnt.
- Take out and let cool for 10 minutes before processing.
Why to Roast Cashews?
Roasting cashews will help aid in the flavor. Also, the process helps loosen up the oils in the cashews so they blend easier.
Best Kitchen Appliance to Use
A food processor is going to be your best bet for processing. If you have a high powered blender such as a Vitamix that will work too.
Did you know you can make several different combinations?
- Cinnamon cashew butter- just double the amount of cinnamon from this recipe
- Nutella cashew butter- add 2-6 oz of chocolate
- Chocolate Chip cashew butter- add 1 tbsp of brown sugar or coconut sugar and butter extract
- Peppermint cashew butter- add a drop of peppermint extract
- Dip for fresh fruit or vegetables (apples, bananas, celery, carrots)
- Cashew butter and jelly sandwich
- On top of pancakes
Store in an airtight sealed glass container in the refrigerator for up to a month. Don’t worry, it will be gone before then!Print
Learn how to make creamy cashew butter at home. This easy to make pantry staple is gluten-free, paleo, Whole 30 and vegan friendly.
- 3 cups cashews
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Roast the cashews in the oven for 10-15 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Once cashews are cooled, place in food processor and add with it coconut oil, cinnamon and salt.
- Blend together. Scrape any excess off the sides of the blender and continue until mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Enjoy with your favorite fruits, vegetables or as a spread.
- See blog post for more detailed roasting instructions.
- See blog post for different variations you can make with cashew butter.
- This recipe can be done with almonds to make almond butter.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: creamy cashew butter, cashew butter, paleo nut butter, homemade cashew butter