Spring has sprung! Easter is right around the corner and these gluten free no bake cake pops are sure to be a delicious bite size treat for everyone.
These gluten free no bake cake pops are the perfect sized sweet treat for children and adults alike. The combinations of the cinnamon, brown sugar and vanilla icing are the perfect afternoon treat in the spring or really all year round. My 6 year old son loves to help me make them for the family. They are super easy to make with just 4 simple ingredients. And they are also a no bake recipe. No bake, minimal ingredients and bite sized goodness, a win, win in my book.
How to make cake pops gluten-free
To make these gluten free, I recommend using Enjoy Life handcrafted Soft Bake Snickerdoodle cookies. The soft bake gives the cake pop that cake taste. If you are not concerned with staying gluten free, any soft bake cookie will do. I’ve chosen to use Simple Mills Vanilla Organic Frosting as the “icing” on the pops. This brand is naturally gluten free with no artificial flavors and clean ingredients. The sprinkles are Supernatural Rainbow Starfetti which are dye, soy and gluten free.
Since we do have dairy allergies in our home, Kitehill cream cheese to the rescue. This dairy free almond based cream cheese alternative has the same texture and consistency as dairy cream cheese without lactose. If not concerned about being dairy free, dairy cream cheese is perfectly fine to use as it will bind to the soft bake cookies well.
How to store
The cake pops should be stored in freezer bags and can last up to 3 months. When you are ready to enjoy, just let one sit out on the counter to soften for 15 minutes before eating.
Enjoy other no bake desserts:Print
These gluten free no bake cake pops are the perfect sweet treat made with real ingredients and easy assembly.
- Place a silicone mat or parchment paper on cookie sheet
- Crumble cookies into food processor
- Cut cream cheese into 4 equal pieces and place into food processor
- Process cookies and cream cheese until combined
- Roll mixture into individual balls and place on tray
- Insert cake pop sticks into each ball
- Place tray in freezer for 1 hour
- Take frosting out of container and place in mixing bowl
- Using a hand held mixer, whip frosting until fluffy
- Take tray out of freezer and coat the pops in frosting
- Add sprinkles if desired
- Place back in freezer for additional hour
- Take out of freezer then let sit for 15 minutes to unthaw before enjoying!
- These are the cake pop sticks I use and recommend
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake, gluten free, dessert, cake pop, dairy free, treat, snack, bite-size