These fluffy gluten-free carrot cake muffins are packed with carrots, pineapple, applesauce, raisins and pecans.
- 1 1/2 c 1 for 1 all purpose gluten free flour
- 4 eggs
- 3 c peeled, grated carrots
- 1 15oz can crushed pineapple
- 3/4 c raisins
- 3/4 c sugar (dry sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 c apple sauce
- 1/4 c pecans
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Peel and grate carrots
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon together
- Add in carrots and raisins
- Make sure the carrots and raisins do not stick together as they will form clumps if they are not separated
- In separate bowl, mix together the eggs, apple sauce, sugar, pineapple with juice and pecans
- Combine bowls and mix all ingredients together to create the batter
- Pour batter into individual muffin cups
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the tops are golden brown
- Substitutions: Instead of apple sauce, you can use pureed butternut squash or pumpkin. Instead of raw sugar you can use monk fruit sweetener, coconut sugar or maple sugar. It must be a dry sugar or the consistency will not be exact if using a liquid sugar such as maple syrup or honey. Instead of pecans, you could sub with walnuts.
- Gluten free flour: I used Bob Red Mills 1 for 1 all purpose gluten free flour.
- Crushed pineapple from a can is a must for this recipe. Diced or raw will not work.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free muffins, gluten free carrot cake muffins, breakfast, dessert, snacks,