This easy gluten free banana blueberry bread is sure to be a hit at a holiday brunch, office party or an afternoon snack with your favorite beverage. It is super moist and will melt in your mouth. Bonus, it is also dairy free too!
- 2–3 medium ripe bananas
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup 1 for 1 gluten free baking flour (I use Bob Red Mills)
- 1/3 cup melted ghee
- 1/2 apple sauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan, then set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, mash bananas until smooth, stir in melted ghee.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apple sauce, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract, salt, baking flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Combine the mashed bananas and ghee with the ingredients in the larger bowl.
- Mix together to create a batter.
- Lastly, you will pour the blueberries in and combine.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake in oven for minimum 50 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- If you are not worried about being dairy free, you can use melted butter in place of melted ghee.
- Be sure to check the bread at 50 minutes since every oven is different to see if it is ready or needs more time.
- Fresh blueberries are best but frozen works well too. See blog post for greater details.
- Category: Breakfast/Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free banana blueberry bread, banana blueberry bread