Whether your looking for a Cinco de Mayo dessert recipe or just want to enjoy a sweet cinnamon-y dessert these easy churro bars will be the perfect fit. They are baked not fried but still have the crispy crust just alot healthier.
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 c 1 for 1 gluten free flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease 9×9 baking dish, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Then add egg to mixture and combine.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon until all are incorporated.
- Press the dough into an even layer in the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Sprinkle over the bars as a topping.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until center is cooked.
- Let cool then serve!
- Timing my vary by oven so check to make sure center is not too dry or too moist.
- See FAQ’s on all the variations to make these allergy friendly.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: easy churro bars, easy cinnamon churro bars, gluten free churro bars