A lighter, low carb version of a Mexican favorite. Paleo + Whole 30 friendly
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Handful of cilantro (optional)
- Rice the cauliflower. (See instructions in blog posts)
- Over medium heat in a large skillet, heat avocado oil. Add the onions, garlic, red pepper and jalapeno pepper to the skillet. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add in vegetable broth, tomato paste and spices. Stir until the tomato paste is fully combined.
- Add in the riced cauliflower and stir together. Cover for 5 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Remove from stove and top with a handful of cilantro.
- You can sub out vegetable broth for water or chicken broth.
- See blog post for the different ways to rice cauliflower.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: mexican rice, cauliflower mexican rice, easy cauliflower mexican rice