Whether your looking to impress your significant other or just want to enjoy a weekend brunch with a few friends, this easy breakfast charcuterie board is absolutely perfect. Since we are gluten free over here, I will show you just how simple it can be to customize it to fit your dietary needs. If you by chance are looking for other charcuterie board ideas you can find some here: How to Build an Easy Charcuterie Board for Two.
Who doesn’t like breakfast? It is my favorite meal of the day!
Charcuterie boards can be made for any meal but breakfast is definitely one you can have alot of fun with. On this board, we are going to put together some of my favorite breakfast items for two. This makes a great board for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, an Anniversary or birthday. If your looking to create for a family, just double or triple the offerings based on size.
Items you will need
- Hard boiled Eggs
- Mini Cinnamon Buns
Supplies you will need for serving
- 16′ board (for serving two, larger board if serving more)
- Small jars/ramekins
- Syrup pitcher
- Parchment paper
How to Assemble Board
Place parchment paper down on board.
Start by placing the smaller bowls or ramekins at a north, south, east and west points. You can play around with what visually looks good.
Then place remaining food in between the jars, arranging them to your liking.
Leave the strawberries and mini cinnamon buns to the end to fill in any spaces.
Gluten Free Recommendations and Substitutions
Many breakfast items especially bread based contain gluten. These are my recommendations of brands for common gluten breakfast foods found on this board that are 100% gluten free. Click on the brand name and the link below will take you to where you can order these brands. Note: This is not an extensive list of brands as these were the ones easily found at my local stores.
- Sausage Links- Al Fresco, Applegate, Aidell’s, Wellshire Farms, and Niman Ranch
- Waffles- Birch Benders, Kashi, Simple Truth, Nature’s Path, Simple Mills, Namaste and Van’s Food
- Mini Cinnamon Buns- Katz
Optional Items to use (these are things you could substitute on the board):
- Pancakes- Birch Bender, Simple Mills, Pamela’s, Namaste, King Arthur Pancake Mix, and Krusteaz
- Bagels- BFree, Canyon Bakehouse, O’Doughs, Kinnikinnick, Schar and Udi’s
- Fruit- blueberries, blackberries, banana slices, kiwi, and apple spices
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake Muffins
- Sausage and Veggie Egg Cups
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Muffins
- Prep + Cook- you will need to cook the bacon (How to Make the Best Oven Baked Bacon), eggs (How to Make the Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs) and heat up the waffles and sausage links before assembling the board.
- Charcuterie Board- use whatever board you have available. The one shown is a circular 16′ board. This board is designed for two people so if you need to go bigger please feel free to do so.
- Empty Space- if you find your board has any empty space you can always add decorative flowers or small candies.
- Placement- place items in the small bowls on the board first then add in items to the board to fill it in.
- Parchment paper- to avoid excess grease or residue on the board, place parchment paper down before assembling.
What You Will Love About This Breakfast Board
- Variety- you can choose so many different breakfast foods for the board. There is something for everybody.
- Sweet + Savory- due to the variety of breakfast type foods paired together, you will most definitely get a sampling of both sweet and savory.
- Complete Meal- this breakfast board is loaded with healthy fats, proteins and carbs. You will be satisfied and happy for quite a while.
- Perfect for Celebrations- great idea for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Anniversaries and Birthdays.
You can place all unused items in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing.
Other Delicious Breakfast Ideas
- Dairy-Free Chicken Apple Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Grain Free Breakfast Tacos
- Healthy Mixed Berry Parfaits
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Muffins
- Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Bake
Whether your looking to impress your significant other or just want to enjoy a weekend brunch with a few friends, this easy breakfast charcuterie board is absolutely perfect. Since we are gluten free over here, I will show you just how simple it can be to customize it to fit your dietary needs.
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, halved
- 2–4 Waffles, divided or cut into squares
- 6–8 Sausage Links, cooked
- 2–4 Mini Cinnamon buns
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup grapes
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup jam (strawberry, blackberry, grape, peach)
- 1/2 cup syrup
- Cook bacon, sausage and waffles. Set aside.
- Line your board with parchment paper. This step is optional but will help it not to get any grease stains from the meat.
- Add blackberries, grapes and jam to small bowls. Arrange on board, spacing them apart as it is visually appealing.
- Pour syrup into small container and arrange on to the board.
- Start with one ingredient, and arrange on the board then the next one and so on. Leave the small ingredients like strawberries and mini cinnamon rolls until the end to help with filling in any missing spaces.
- It is optional but highly advised to place parchment paper down to preserve the board.
- You can mix and match several breakfast foods with this board. Please see section notes for ideas and options.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Countertop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy breakfast board, easy breakfast charcuterie board, gluten free breakfast charcuterie board