An easy appetizer to have at your next house party- birthdays, holidays and game day celebrations. This isn’t your typical buffalo chicken dip because this recipe takes it up a notch with Rotel’s. Dairy-free option available.
This buffalo chicken dip will blow your socks off. It is not your traditional buffalo chicken dip. This one has Rotel’s added to it to spice it up just another level. The combinations of Rotel’s, ranch dressing and the buffalo sauce all will explode in your mouth. We love this dip in our house and make it every New Year’s Eve. Bonus, you can totally make it dairy-free and it will taste just as delicious.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Shredded Chicken
- Rotel’s Original
- Cream Cheese (can be dairy-free)
- Ranch Dressing (can be dairy-free)
- Buffalo Sauce
- Shredded Cheese (optional)
How to Make
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except shredded cheese and mix together well. Make sure to drain the can of Rotel’s before adding to bowl.
Transfer to a 9 x 9 baking dish and top with shredded cheese. Place cover on dish and heat in the oven for 15 minutes.
What is Rotel’s?
Rotel’s is a combination of diced tomatoes, green chilis and spices. You can find a can in most grocery stores. I get mine at Walmart.
Can this dip be made dairy-free?
Absolutely, there are several dairy free ranch dressing options on the market. Primal Kitchen and Tessamae’s (as seen in picture below) are my go to for dairy free. For the cream cheese, you can use a nut based one. My favorite to use is Kitehill. I also omit the cheese on top.
Tips for making this the best dip
- Shredded chicken- make sure the chicken is already shredded to add to the mixture. A rotissarie chicken works so well for this.
- Cheese- if not dairy-free, add shredded cheese to the top of the mixture before placing in the oven to cook.
- Buffalo Sauce- there are so many buffalo sauces out there to choose from. Be sure to check your labels as to the level of spice and intensity. My favorite clean brands to use are Frank’s Red Hot Original and The New Primal Mild Buffalo Sauce.
- Rotel’s- if you cannot find in the store you can use a can of diced tomatoes and a can of green chilis. If you don’t want it to be too spicy, just use a can of diced tomatoes.
- Make sure to cover before placing in the oven to give the ingredients time to blend together while it heats.
What to serve with
- Raw vegetables (carrots, peppers, celery, cauliflower, broccoli etc.)
- Pita bread
Also, these Spicy Shrimp and Guacamole Bites go fantastic with this dip.
Storing + Re-heating
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For re-heating, pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and place in oven until warm 10-15 minutes.Print
An easy appetizer to have at your next house party- birthdays, holidays and game day celebrations. This isn’t your typical buffalo chicken dip because this recipe takes it up a notch with Rotel’s.
- 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 can Rotel’s
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- Handful of cheese (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain the water out of the can of Rotels.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except shredded cheese) and mix together well.
- Transfer to a 9 x 9 baking dish and top with shredded cheese.
- Cover and heat in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take out and serve!
- See blog post on making dairy free. You can totally enjoy this recipe dairy-free.
- Make sure to have shredded chicken ready for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: appetizer, snack, game day, buffalo chicken dip, buffalo chicken dip with rotel,